- Knowledge of mental illness diagnoses, medications and ability to assist clients with symptom management;
- Ability to provide individual counseling in person or by phone (work from home)to children, adolescents and adults. Expertise in brief treatment approaches; clinical expertise in empirically validated treatment approaches such as cognitive behavior therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy and, emotion-focused therapy;
- Knowledge of community services pertaining to mental health and addictions;
- Demonstrate skills in assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation;
- Knowledge of client-centered philosophy, basic principles and practices of community service delivery and short-term treatment options;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary health team;
- Ability to administer psychometric tools.
· Minimum 5 years combined education and experience in the human service field. Experience related to community based mental health preferred.
· Master’s degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology or Educational Counseling required
· Advanced language skills in both French and English required.
· Must carry own professional liability insurance and be registered or able to obtain registration with a regulatory body in the province of Ontario.
Contract length: 10 months
Expected Start Date: 2021-04-05
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $70,000.00-$74,000.00 per year